Category

Community
On October 27th, our Greenwich Assessor laid out the 2015 real estate revaluation process for 100 people who attended the RHA Fall Forum co-hosted with the Northeast and Northwest Greenwich Associations. With every property in the Round Hill Association boundaries and throughout Greenwich being revalued for next year’s tax bill, the presentation could not have...
Read More
One of the institutions that most effectively brought together disparate strands of early BackCountry residents was the Round Hill Community Guild. Founded in 1840, it originated as the Ladies Aid Society, an arm of the Round Hill Church.    Built in 1810, the church sat at the intersection of two unpaved cow paths: Round Hill...
Read More
The graves of early Greenwich settlers and British and Tory soldiers are scarcely noticed by motorists negotiating the steep hill atop Burying Hill Road. The settlers have names like Nehemiah, Phineas, Susannah, and Lucius, and most inscriptions are barely visible on weathered headstones scattered on a roadside plot near Topping road. The earliest carved gravestone...
Read More
No chronicle of Round Hill would be complete without plumbing the memory of Bill Strain, whose family has owned and operated the Round Hill Store and Service Station for many years. His grandfather, William Sr., bought the store in 1915 and Bill, 84, is still on the job every day, attired in his blue service...
Read More
Round Hill was the name of the hill itself and the name of our estate.    I remember first seeing Round Hill as a child squeezed in the back seat of Daddy’s 1928 Maxwell as we made our way up Riversville Road. My brother, sister, and I played the “I see Round Hill” game, the...
Read More
Q I’ve used water from our well for years and never had a problem. Why should I have it tested, for what, do I have to hire someone to do it, and how much will it cost me.   A It’s wise to have your well tested annually. The “Basic Indicators” of water quality are:...
Read More
Complete with balloons, a ribbon-cutting and several dignitaries, the Round Hill Association and the Round Hill Community Church launched an Emergency Charging Center (ERC) in early February at the Round Hill Community House.    “This center provides a much-needed site in the BackCountry and is a fine example of friends and neighbors banding together to...
Read More
Photos from the Recharging Center Opening The Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting of our Cellular Recharging Center This community facility enables our neighbors to access to their electronic devices. A wonderful resource in the case of outages and emergencies.
Read More
We were honored by Greenwich Green and Clean with their award for Beautification of Public Spaces in appreciation for the ongoing work on the area’s traffic islands. Board members, John Conte and Ines Kingsley led this civic improvement work, cleaning, weeding, and planting hardy landscaping. This is one of the many projects that donations to...
Read More
There have been a number of thefts from mailboxes in the Round Hill area recently. Residents on Round Hill Road, Pecksland Road, and Lake Avenue have reported that mail has been taken in an apparent attempt at identity theft or in search of money.    Although Greenwich Police Community Impact Officer Keith Hirsch says this...
Read More
1 8 9 10 11