Due to storm damage I am without power, internet and phone service. Where can I go in town for shelter until the storm is over?

The Round Hill Community House, 395 Round Hill Road, opens as a Recharging Center during power outages between 11am and 4pm. It does not offer overnight accommodations. Also, Bendheim Western Greenwich Civic Center, 449 Pemberwick Road, has been designated as a warming center for those without heat and power. Contact the BWGCC at 203-532-1246.

Whom do I call to notify of a potentially dangerous wildlife problem on my property? (Rabid or injured animal)

Call the Animal Control & Adoption Division of the Greenwich Police Department at 203-622-8299.
Hours of operation are M-F 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Sat. and Sun. 7 a.m. -3 p.m.
If you require an officer’s assistance for an emergency, or it is after hours, contact the Greenwich Police Department dispatcher at 203-622-8004.
Refer to their website for more information.

Whom can I call if my pet is lost?

Residents can also report a stray animal by calling Animal Control at 203-622-8299 between 7:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Animals are brought to the animal compound at 393 North Street where they are cared for until their owner is contacted. If the animal is not wearing identification, it will be held for a period of eight days and then put up for adoption.

How do I notify Eversource™ (formerly Connecticut Light & Power) if I have a power outage and/or downed electrical wire(s) in my area?

To report a downed wire or power outage use click HERE or call 800-286-2000 to process your report via an automated system. A restoration estimate will be provided as soon as it is available.

If you are preemptively concerned about a tree near power lines on or near your property please click HERE to fill out an evaluation request.

How do I report a fallen tree on a street or public property?

Contact the Greenwich Department of Parks and Recreation via telephone at 203-622-7824 or use the Access Greenwich app to report a fallen tree.

How do I find out whether my child’s school has been cancelled, has an early release or has a delayed opening?

The following methods of communication will be used for notification of school closures, delayed openings and early dismissals:

CTWeather Website:  CTWeather.com, will post a thorough listing of cancellations.

(For public school students) School District Website or ParentLink™: Click HERE to check the District website for closures, delays or early dismissals. (The District will also use the ParentLink™ electronic telephone communication system to notify each family at thier primary number at approximately 6:00 AM.)

Radio: Local and regional stations such as WGCH 1490 AM will broadcast closures, delays, and early dismissals as well.

Television: News 12 Connecticut and other local and regional stations also broadcast school closures, etc.

Whom do I call if I have a question about my personal property tax assessment or property tax bill?

If property owners are not satisfied with the results of their assessment, they may apply for a hearing with the Board of Assessment Appeals. Applications may be obtained at the Assessor’s Office or on the Town’s website. Appeals to the Board must be in writing on the prescribed application and postmarked or hand-delivered to the designated BAA office in Town Hall on or before February 20th. Contact the Assessor’s Office at 203-622-7885. For questions about your property tax bill, contact the Tax Collector at 203-622-7891.

I have just moved to Greenwich. Is there a Newcomers’ group I can join?

Yes. You can click HERE to register for membership online. Or you can contact them for more information by email, though their website or by mail at their PO Box:
Greenwich Newcomers Club
P.O. Box 256
Old Greenwich CT, 06870
There is also a Facebook group available you can join for updates and more information.

How do I find out more about the recycling program in Greenwich?

Recycling was mandated by State Law in 1991. Greenwich converted to single stream recycling (known as SSR) in August 2011. To find out how this works and which materials are and are not recyclable, call 203-618-3001 or visit the Public Works recycling resources page or the Greenwich Recycling Advisory Board website for more information.

Where can I obtain a park, beach or tennis pass?

Passes are required from May 1 through October 31. All applications are accepted by mail only. To obtain an application, call the Department of Parks and Recreation at 203-622-7817 or visit their website. To obtain an application in person, you can visit the Park Pass Office:
(in season only May 1 – October 31)
at Town Hall, 101 Field Point Road.
Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Single Entry Park Passes can also be obtained:

Online: for those who validated their Greenwich residency for the year click HERE
In person: at the locations and hours of operation listed below:
Eastern Greenwich Civic Center: (May 1-October 31) – Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Bendheim Western Greenwich Civic Center: (May 1-Sept. 15) – Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Not available for purchase on weekends or holidays.
Not available for purchase at Town Hall.

How do I register to vote?

You can download an application to vote on the Town of Greenwich website, or call the Registrars’ Office at 203-622-7890 to request an application (which will be mailed to you), or you can stop in the Registrars’ Office at Town Hall, located on the first floor, to get an application.
The office is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

How do I report a problem to the Town of Greenwich?

You can file a service request or report a non-emergency problem through the Access Greenwich web portal. Alternatively, you may call the main telephone number at Town Hall: 203-622-7700

How do I obtain a permit to park at the railroad station?

Availability of railroad station parking permits is subject to reservation placement on a waiting list administered by the Department of Parking Services. Applications are available online by visiting the Wait List page or at the office of Parking Services in Town Hall. Parking Services can be reached by telephone at 203-622-7730.

I no longer drive a car. Is there a transportation service in town I can call for a ride?
Contact the Transportation Association of Greenwich (TAG) via email, or by telephone at 203-637-4266.
Hours of operation are Monday-Friday 6:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.